Purple Twig- Art Exploration for kids. A mom run small business in Los Angeles. Stop by to see the trials and tribulations.

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Miniature Worlds




We held a workshop a few weeks ago using mint tins that were donated to us by one of our generous parents. I so enjoy the challenge of coming up with projects when we get a large donation of a potential material. Since I am a big fan of collage and I love boxes, I thought it might be a good idea to combine them. 


With just some glue, scissors, gorgeous papers and a few old calendars (which are a great resource for images), we created little scenes inside the mint tins.  Using some pop up book technique we made them three dimensional. This is such a simple project that brings so much joy when I gaze upon them. 











No comments:

Post a Comment